10 Things Every Marketing Website Needs
Let’s be honest. There’s no magic formula for the “perfect” marketing website. There are, however, measures you can take to increase its chances of success greatly.
Here are 10 components every marketing website should have:
- Who You Are, What You Do – Communicate clear, consistent branding. A visitor to your site should be able to tell who you are and what you do within 10 seconds of loading any page on your website.
- Simple Navigation – Make it easy for visitors to your site to access the information they need.
- Call to Action – Tell your visitors what it is you’d like them to do on your site, why they should do it, and how.
- Name, Address, and Phone Numbers – Include your business phone number at the top of every page. Your business address should be on every page, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be at the top. Wherever you choose to include your contact information, be consistent. Not only on to your website but wherever and whenever you post your information online.
- Visual Appeal – Convey the feeling you want the customer to experience when visiting your site in your layout, color scheme, and image selection.
- Build for the Right Audience – The content and design of your website is for your customer, not for you as an individual. Define who your target customers are, and build the website that will appeal to them.
- Hosting and Support – Your website should load fast and be free of hacker activity. You should have easy to reach support for any technical issues that may arise.
- Accessibility Across All Devices and Browsers – Your website should be fully functional and visually appealing. No matter if you use a computer, tablet, smartphone, or another device to view it.
- Design with Search Engines in Mind – Search engines are computer programs that only see the text on your website. There are many components you can add to your text content to increase its ranking in search engines.
- Get a Pro – Establishing a strong web presence isn’t just about the creation of your website. Regular updates and maintenance after your site goes live are vital factors to your business’ success online.
So, there you have it!
A few things to keep in mind when designing your website. Incorporate these tips with an audience-targeted focus. You’ll be well on your way to achieving your online marketing goals.